The list of excuses is long – motivation on empty, costly gym memberships, or the need to change it up – but let’s be honest, getting to the gym isn’t always easy. We’re here to help with some sweat breaking inspiration.
1. Go for a hike: Men’s Health recently found that spending two hours a week outdoors could leave you happier and healthier, so boost your health while boosting your mood and explore the trails and forest preserves near you. Check out Trip Savvy’s, “The 10 Best Hiking Trails in America’s National Parks” for some major inspiration.
2. Sign up for Warrior Dash: The original obstacle course race that anyone can start and everyone can finish, Warrior Dash now features three distances to choose from. Participants looking for mud without the miles can hit an obstacle-loaded 1-mile course, and for those wanting to kick it up a notch, a 10k option will be available. The signature 5k course featuring 12 unique obstacles will continue to be a staple at each 2019 Warrior Dash location.
3. Explore your neighborhood: Plan an afternoon of adventure by exploring your city on foot. See where your walk takes you or plan your stops ahead of time, one thing’s for sure, you’re bound to discover hidden gems and foster a new appreciating of the neighborhood you call home.
4. Get on the water: Paddleboarding is a full body workout and all you need is a board and water. It’s also a ridiculously fun way to burn calories. If paddle boarding is foreign to you, Shape Magazine has you covered with their, “Beginners Guide to Stand Up Paddleboarding.”
5. Join a rec league: Remember the days of organized sports? The camaraderie, the sportsmanship and working towards a goal as a team? Grab your friends, or make news ones, and revive your days as an athlete by joining a local rec league. The weekly game schedule gives you something to look forward to while you have fun with friends and get your heart rate up.
How to you like to get active? Let us know in the comments below.